Παρασκευή 3 Ιανουαρίου 2014

BeautyReview: Erre Due Perfect Mat Foundation

Erre Due Perfect Mat

So, here we are with another beauty review, and this week we have this foundation fron Erre Due, a greek make up company. According to the company's site, this product claims that it is "An oil free foundation with a very smooth finish, protects the skin throughout the day due to its SPF 30, goes on smoothly and dries immediately after application, and its velvet finish becomes one with the skin, it is suitable for combination to oily and oily complexions". The product is around 22 euros but the price differs between stores and online shopping beauty sites.

Before we start, a huge applause for Erre Due because it's one of the few brands that give you samples for foundation and for all the shades. And I say that because most companies don't give samples neither let you get some product to test it out. So, huge pron for Erre Due for me!

The Product

The assistant picked for me the shade 03 Vanilla Spice, which turned out to be the perfect match for my skin, it blended bery nicely with the color of my neck. The actual product comes out of the pump very thick, almost like a paste. But after I warm it between my fingers I can feel the velvet finish the ad claims, and it got smoother as long as I was blending it. So I thought it wouldn't be one of those really heavy foundation that would be very diffucult to work with.





 Day 1

The first day that I applied the foundationI applied it over a primer (my Too Faced Primed & Poreless Primer to be specific) and I dotted the first layer of foundation on the main points of my face, like my cheecks, nose, forehead, chin and a tiny bit on my neck to check if it was the color for me. Then I massaged it onto my skin to warm up the product and I used a buffing brush to blend the edges. By the first layer I noticed that apart that the color was a good match for my skin, it is a high coverege foundation and I barely needed any concealer for my imperfections like discoloration.

I applied a second layer of it with the same method but probably it was too much for my skin to take it. It didn't dry immediatly as the ad claims, it felt a bit tacky to the touch so I left it for a few minutes before I added anything else on my skin. When it dried it did feel very smooth and velvety on my skin, and it had a pretty matte finish. It did feel a bit heavy, but that was probably my mistake by applying two layers instead of one. I skipped powder all together so that I wouldn't make things worse and due to the fact that my skin looked alright without it.

After 8 hours when I got home and before I removed my make up and I checked it for the last time, the foundation hadn't moved at all. I had a tiny bit of shine on my nose, but that is nothing cause I always get a shine there with any foundation, and my forehead and cheeks were a bit cakey which was again my fault cause of the second layer. But lasting wise, I was very pleased with it. My skin looked matte but still natural, so that's a point as well for this foundation.

Day 2

The second day I used it for a night out with friends, so I did it right this time and used just one layer of foundation. This time thought I used my moisturizer right before I used the foundation to see if I could make the product go to the more dewy side. Again, I didn't use any concealer (apart from under the eyes) or powder on my skin cause I was cevered enough.

After 11 hours, again, the foundation hadn't moved and it look cakey at all. The touch was still smooth and velvety. This time, my skin had a bit of glow to it, meaning that applying your moisturizer before the foundation can still give you that effect. One more point then.

The Result

After all, this foundation is everything the ad claims to be. It is a high coverage and long lasting foundation that will last you well all day if you're a girl on the go like me that wants to do their make up in the morning and just forget about it. I don't recommend it for gals with dry skin because of it matte finish, but for me and my combination to oil complexion is great. Probably you should skip powder with this product or flash photography (cause the SPF 30 that it contains might make your skin look extra white and washed out in photos) and always use a little bit cause it can go a long way with just one punp. You can use it by itself or with a primer underneath it for that perfect matte and natural finish, or you can use your moisturizer before this for that bit of dewiness.

I totally recommend this product, it worths every cent and I will totally buy it for myself as well.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου